Saturday, July 23, 2011

DJ or Band?

I get this question a lot, should I book a DJ or Band for my wedding day? Im happy to say you can do both now a days. Let me explain...

Option 1 - If you are more interested in hearing the real song at your wedding, or want a nightclub type setting you want a DJ. DJ's on average cost $1500-$1800. The more you spend, the more you get... ex: up lighting, effects, TV monitors, props etc.

Option 2 - You love live music and having a band put on a show is your cup of tea. I suggest you do your research and see the band before you book. A good band should not cost any less than $6000. Again, make sure you see the band before you book!

Option 3 - I have worked with a couple DJ companies that perform live as well. Tonight, for example, had a piano player and male vocals to go along with the tracks. I've also seen DJ companies have a snare drum, male/female vocals & saxophone along with the tracks. I have to say, its very cool! It still feels like a DJ is running the wedding, but gives it a "live DJ"feel. Im not sure what companies like this charge, but it is definitely worth looking into.... you get the best of both worlds!

The best advice I have for choosing your wedding music is DONT CHEAP OUT. Whatever you decide keep in mind the music is the whole party. If your vendor is a dud your wedding will be too, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment